Saturday, November 5, 2011

Photosynthesis: Wow.

When I first started reading about photosynthesis, I was frightened, and felt sorry for myself, and for you too. But after cartooning up a comprehensive diagram, I feel much better. Photosynthesis is not so bad after all!

My cartoon diagram is a remodeled version of the textbook's Figure 10.12,  incorporating elements  of Figures 10.14 (cyclic e- flow from PSI) and 10.16 (spatial organization and proton pumping). Click to enlarge...

It might look messy to you, but for me it's easier to read than the textbook figures - maybe because I made it!

I would be interested to know: is there anyone who has tried this tactic of re-drawing textbook diagrams and found it NOT so helpful? It's humongously helpful to me; if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend you do.
Use a pencil, and keep it sharp; get a big eraser.

Meanwhile, you might enjoy printing out the above cartoon and adding colors to organize some of the information.
cheers,
Morgan G.

No comments:

Post a Comment